The Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth) and its amendments contains ten National Privacy Principles that aim to ensure that organizations that hold information about people handle that information responsibly. Cubic Steel is bound by these Principles for the handling of your personal information.
- We will only collect information that is necessary for our steel detailing activities provided we have consent to do so.
Use and Disclosure
- We will only use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose of steel detailing. We will not use or disclose personal information for a secondary purpose without consent.
- We may disclose personal information where under a legal duty to do so.
- We will, with your assistance, make sure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for the intended purpose, except to fulfill legal obligations.
- We may contract out particular services from time to time. It is our intention to require contractors to comply with the Act in all respects.
- Our internal document clearly expresses policies on our management of personal information.
- On request by you, we will take reasonable steps to advise you, generally, what sort of personal information we hold, for what purpose, and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.
Access and Correction
- We will provide access to the information, except to the extent that access would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons, or if it would breach any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
- Should you wish to make an inquiry or access your personal information, contact Cubic Steel Consultant. After consultation, should you require access to your personal information, a fee will be required to cover research and preparation. We will inform you of the fee prior to acting on your request.
- Should you establish that the information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take steps to correct the information.
- We will provide reasons for denial of access or a refusal to correct personal information.
- Should you feel aggrieved by our response you may make a complaint to our Manager. Your complaint will be investigated and a response given as soon as possible (in most cases within five (5) business days).
- Should you be a current or former employee of Cubic Steel, you do not have the right to access your information.
- We will not adopt government issued "identifiers" (ie. tax file numbers) for our own identification purposes.
- Wherever it is lawful and practicable, you have the option of not identifying yourself when transacting with an organization.
Transborder Data Flows
- We may transfer personal information about you to a client overseas provided we have your consent.
- Generally, we are not permitted to collect sensitive information unless you have consented. Some sensitive information may be collected from you or a referee only if it is of relevance to the steel detailing process.
- We may disclose information where required by law, but we will keep a record of any disclosure we make.